Junior Software Engineer
XFI is a rapidly expanding, next-generation enterprise software company. Our customers, Fortune 500 companies, have demonstrated that our software service improves their sales force effectiveness.
XFI has an immediate opportunity for a Software Engineer at its headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. The position requires a self-motivated and meticulous individual who is able to communicate precisely and clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be an important member of our world-class software development team. You will develop software components within XFI’s J2EE application architecture and apply them to new market opportunities as they develop.
- Create scalable, extensible software that meets the increasing demands of our customers.
- Aggregate information from multiple sources to fully understand a design problem, eliminate risk, and formulate balanced design solutions.
- Develop solutions that are easy to maintain within our high availability, operational environment.
- Develop quality software documentation, including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 1 to 3 Years experience in software development.
- Experienced in Java Servlets, JSP, XML.
- Experienced in Object Oriented software development.
- Experience with version control and issue tracking.
- Proven organizational, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experienced in multi-tier application development and deployment.
- Experienced in software development for Unix/Linux.
- Experience with J2EE.
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, and Hibernate.
- Other technologies of interest: AJAX, Spring.
For the right candidate who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment where results are recognized and rewarded, XFI offers an attractive compensation and benefits package.